Do you like me?

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pride Goeth Before A Fail

I admit that this last year I haven't exactly been the picture of the Mamma Who's Got It All Together.  It has been a rough one, with caring for my paternal grandmother in her last days, continuing homeschooling our son, and helping my husband navigate what turning 40 means to him,--fashion has fallen by the wayside.  Today, in a effort to put all that behind me and turn over a new leaf.  I spent a little extra time getting ready.  I donned the good yoga pants and jacket, put a little product in my hair, even paid a some attention to my eyebrows.  Then off I went out into the public.  I went to the County Recorder, then to a lawyer's office to drop something off.  It wasn't until I stopped to get a little exercise  on the waterfront that I caught a glimpse of my reflection in my car window and I noticed my mismatched earrings...  This is not the first time I have done this.  This is not even the first time this month, I have done this.  Well, I whipped them off and went on about my business.   When I came home I took off my jacket before going to take out the recycling. It was out there that I offered some advice to a neighbor who is suffering from arthritis. I quickly went inside to get her a bottle of suppliments that had worked for my grandmother and several friends. When I returned, we talked at the bottom of my stairs for a few minutes and then parted ways.  Upon returning to my entryway I caught yet another glimpse of myself in the mirror there.   It was only then that I noticed my embroidered shirt was on inside out. Sigh.


4 comments:

  1. we are indeed sisters…. i wore my pants inside out on Sunday…. or was it yesterday, maybe it was both! I thought the seams were supposed to be that way...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it may be a family thing. When I picked Julian up from science class today, he reported to me that he had worn his shirt backwards...

      Delete
  2. oh ps…. i'm also thinking we need to collaborate like Ann & Abby did! and you look absolutely adorable here, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Collaboration could be fun. No helmet hairdo's, though.

    ReplyDelete