Do you like me?

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Calling All Creative Minds

Well folks, there you have it.  Pictured below, (artfully presented by my 101 yr. old grandmother's hand), is the last of our  winter squash from Full Belly Farm, our CSA.  The question is: what do I do with it?  It has adorned my table in a basket for the last couple of months, while its less flashy companions have been eaten;  sauteed, roasted, in soups, in curries.  I'm pretty proud of myself that this is the last one, because frankly,  I'm more of a summer squash gal.  I have to be honest though,  my friend, Makini, has taken a couple of them off my hands.  But now here I am left, end of the season, uninspired, with one last squash of indeterminate variety.  So what is it to be?  Food?  Household decor? What?

Calling all urban farm girls, crafters, and culinary geniuses!  This includes guys, too, (although I don't think I want to blow it up, or drop it off a tall building...but I'm open).  Post your ideas in the comment section.  I will pick one, and show you the result here in this blog.  Sooner rather than later, please,  because although they keep for months,  I think the clock is ticking on this specimen.

2 comments:

  1. LOL about possible guy advice. Looking forward to what you come up with!

    Alanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically, my friend Mohri, a guy, came up with the name of the squash and the best things to do with an older one...

    ReplyDelete